Regular Nia classes take place at Essex Church, every Wednesday lunchtime from 12.30-1.30pm, and also on the third Sunday of every month from 2-3pm, led by Sonya Leite. The cost to take part is £10 per drop-in session (£8 concessions / church members) or £40 for a block of 5 classes to use within a 3-month period. Contact Sonya Leite on 0207 371 1674 for more information.
Nia is holistic movement for body and soul. It is an expressive movement practice promoting fitness, creativity and wellbeing. Fusing dance, yoga, tai chi and martial arts, Nia provides a holistic workout and leaves you feeling energised, relaxed and centred. It suits any level of fitness, age and experience, working from where you are now.
Nia’s barefoot, grounded approach maximizes body efficiency and teaches you to move consciously in a gentler way. Dance movements are mixed with subtle therapeutic suggestions and visualization techniques that help you develop awareness and heighten sensation. The result is a fusion of movement styles that is incredibly free and liberating. Moving between simple choreography (form) and freedom of movement (freedance), Nia classes combine the grace and expressiveness of dance, the power and explosiveness of martial arts, and the wisdom and stillness of yoga and tai chi.
Classes take place every Wednesday from 12.30-1.30pm (there will be a break over Christmas/New Year with the last Wednesday on 18th Dec and the first class of 2020 on 8th January). Also on these Sundays, once a month:
- Sunday 17th November 2019, 2-3pm
- Sunday 15th December 2019, 2-3pm
- Sunday 19th January 2020, 2-3pm
- Sunday 16th February 2020, 2-3pm
- Sunday 15th March 2020, 2-3pm
- Sunday 19th April 2020, 2-3pm
- Sunday 17th May 2020, 2-3pm
- Sunday 21st June 2020, 2-3pm
- Sunday 19th July 2020, 2-3pm
- Sunday 16th August 2020, 2-3pm
- Sunday 20th September 2020, 2-3pm
- Sunday 18th October 2020, 2-3pm
- Sunday 15th November 2020, 2-3pm
- Sunday 20th December 2020, 2-3pm