Kensington Unitarians are glad to host the West London GreenSpirit Group and support its activities. The Group began in 2019 and arranges a variety of activities, open to all. If you care about our planet earth home and appreciate a spiritual orientation based on the Celtic wheel of the year, then you might enjoy our meetings. Details can be found on the GreenSpirit local groups page.
Meeting Dates planned so far for 2021
• Saturday 31st July, Lughnasadh. 1.30pm meeting for a Hyde Park picnic and ritual for early harvest.
To book your place for any of these events or to find out more about our activities, please contact Sarah Tinker on email@example.com or David Carter on firstname.lastname@example.org. We are a diverse group: everybody is welcome and no formal membership is necessary.
Kensington Unitarians are pleased to have this alliance with the GreenSpirit national movement: ‘engaged spirituality for a living Earth’. We encourage individuals to join GreenSpirit, which costs £12 annually for an online subscription, or £24 to receive their excellent magazine by post twice yearly.
Our congregation has a strong commitment to the environment and we have worked with Eco Church guidance to reduce our carbon footprint, improving our heating system and installing LED lighting. Our AGM voted to make this Declaration of a Climate & Ecological Emergency:
Kensington Unitarians join with organisations across Britain and our wider world to declare a climate & ecological emergency. We commit ourselves to
• Learning more about climate change and loss of species and the actions we can take to redress these emergencies through changes in our own lifestyles and in how our church building is used and run.
• Forging alliances with other groups working towards sustainable living and using our resources to support their work.
• Encouraging national and international governments to reduce Greenhouse Gas emissions as a matter of urgency, with justice for those affected by climate change as a prime concern.
• Reflecting environmental concerns in our worship and other group activities.